This afternoon, I had a surprise waiting in my notifications.
I was nominated by thehutownerblog (https://thehutownerblog.wordpress.com/) for The Sunshine Award.
The Sunshine Award is essentially a virtual ‘pat on the back’ for a positive or creative blog that inspires others or brings ‘sunshine’ to their world. Typically it appears to originate from one post that really ‘shines’ on that person’s day.
thehutownerblog (https://thehutownerblog.wordpress.com/) is as diverse as it can get! It contains wonderfully & thoughtfully created posts ranging from poetry to art to travel to philosophy.He really made my day. I could not contain my excitement. Being my first ever award nomination, I could feel my nervousness clawing on me, but, in a good way.
Do visit his blog and engage yourself inside his hut.
THANK YOU thehutownerblog (https://thehutownerblog.wordpress.com/) for this nomination!!!
Rules For the Nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you & Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you. (You will find it on his/her blog)
- Nominate a few other bloggers. (10 – 12) * You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
My answer to the questions from thehutownerblog
- Will Sunshine Award be of help for the bloggers if they are nominated? Explain.
It sure does help as it keeps you motivated. The sense of achievement is profound, especially, for new entrants like me. Boy, what a feeling it is to know that what you write, what you create, is appreciated and loved by many. For some it is an inspiration, probably a cue o a new start, for a few others a jingle of memories. To realize that you were the centre of it all, the feeling is priceless, simply priceless.
- Cite your reason or reasons why Sunshine Award should be given some RESPECT and ATTENTION by the nominees just like the other awards.
An award is a gesture of recognition. Only if we embrace it for what it is, give it the respect and attention it deserves, will we feel & find its true value. It is a great way to bring the blogging fraternity together.
- Should the others feel bad if they were not nominated by their blogger-friend? Explain.
Nope. I do not think there should be any room for feelings while judging a blog for a nomination. It needs to be fair & square. The feelings will only dilute the cause of the award. My appeal to the fellow bloggers is not to take this to heart. Keep up with your awesome work. You are heard. Believe in your content. You will get your due in time.
- If you were not nominated, what should you do to get some attention for future nomination?
Do what you do best. Believe in your content. Keep up the awesomeness. Also, on the technical front, remember to tag & categorize the posts so that it is easy to look you up. You will be heard & given your due when the universe decides you are ready.
- Are you happy with your posts? Why or Why not?
My posts are a window to my soul, my thoughts and my feelings. I took to blogging as an escape into the virtual world. Art has always had a very special place in my heart. It is the address I look up to find my calm. In this journey I revived my love for poetry. I am happy with my posts as these have helped me in my journey of self-discovery
My questions to my nominees:
- Do you believe that there is someone watching over you, someone you can just feel & not see?
- What is the purpose of life?
- What is the one thing that you would go to or do to relieve your heartaches?
- What makes you happy?
- What do dreams mean to you?
- What about Nature do you adore?
- What is the one element, off the 5, that you would associate yourself with and why?
- What is your take on birth & death?
- What have you learnt from Nature?
- What part of the tree would you associate yourself with?
NOMINEES: (in no particular order)